Sharing Pearlington

A subsidiary Blog of our Main Blog, located at http://www.pearlington.blogspot.com and presenting words and images of Pearlington. Sharing the series: "Focus On..." * "Back Home Again" * "A Volunteer's Tale" and other human interest stories.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A Pearlingtonian Speaks


Mr. White,

Thank you for adding my name to your list. I am a Pearlington native. My parents have lived in Pearlington for over 50 years. My parents, along with my brother and younger sister, all lost their homes in Pearlington. My aunt lost her life in Bay St. Louis the day of Katrina, another Uncle died soon thereafter from an infection, and another Aunt died on New Year's Day from a broken heart.

I don't know....this just keeps getting harder somehow.

I do know people like you and Jennifer Johnson have been lifesavers. I hope you truly understand that. Without hope, we die. Both of you (and many others) have offered the gift of hope to so many people. And what have you asked for in return for your hard work and extreme sacrifice? NOTHING as far as I can tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although I married and moved from Pearlington many, many years ago, it was and will always be "home." I have made many trips down there since the storm, yet I am still so very homesick. Thank you for being there for this community. Thank you for being there for all of us. Thank you for refusing to give up and for erasing "forget" from your vocabulary. You, and those like you, are unsung heroes and will have a special place in our hearts forever.

You, Jennifer, and countless others, who are nameless to me, have given so much of yourselves...it's a debt that will never, ever be paid in full...cannot be paid in full...but then, you've not asked that.

Thank you from the depths of my soul....and may God bless you.

Claudia Ladner Park


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home